Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Recipe
Vanilla beans and Frangelico liquor lend to the sophisticated flavor of this hot chocolate. With such rich taste, it could be served as a dessert.—Michael Compean, West Los Angeles, California
- 3 vanilla beans
- 9 cups milk
- 2-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 15 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, shaved
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. Split vanilla beans in half lengthwise. With a sharp knife, scrape the beans to remove the seeds. Set seeds aside; discard the beans.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat milk and 3/4 cup cream over medium heat just until mixture comes to a simmer. In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the bittersweet chocolate, Nutella, sugars, salt and vanilla seeds. Pour warm milk mixture over chocolate mixture. Let stand for 1 minute.
- 3. Meanwhile, whip the remaining cream. Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth; stir in liqueur.
- 4. Fill mugs or cups three-fourths full. Top with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and chopped hazelnuts. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired. Yield: 22 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 299 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC