Ruth Sayles of Pendleton, Oregon reveals, "I often make ice cream sandwiches using these yummy cookies."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts or filberts, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and nuts. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Crunchers in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p67
Reviews for Hazelnut Crunchers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review