- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat. Stir until smooth; cool. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the sour cream, butter and egg; beat until blended. Remove 1 cup of batter; stir in chocolate.
- Spread the remaining batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; spoon chocolate batter over the top. Cut through batters with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with reserved nut topping. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Crumb Coffee Cake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p261
Reviews for Hazelnut Crumb Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2013
My husband and I almost ate the whole cake. I made it gluten free and used fat free sour cream and light butter. GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!