Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies Recipe
I enjoy trying new recipes and always have willing "taste testers" in my house. After sampling these sugar-dusted goodies, my family's response was unanimous—an enthusiastic thumbs-up!
- 1 jar (13 ounces) Nutella
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the Nutella, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition. Fold in 1/2 cup hazelnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Finely chop the remaining hazelnuts. Place hazelnuts and confectioners' sugar in separate shallow bowls. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in hazelnuts, then sugar.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set and surface is cracked. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 cookie equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC