I enjoy trying new recipes and always have willing "taste testers" in my house. After sampling these sugar-dusted goodies, my family's response was unanimous—an enthusiastic thumbs-up!
- 1 jar (13 ounces) Nutella
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the Nutella, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition. Fold in 1/2 cup hazelnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Finely chop the remaining hazelnuts. Place hazelnuts and confectioners' sugar in separate shallow bowls. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in hazelnuts, then sugar.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set and surface is cracked. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p68
Reviews for Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2011
"A new family favourite. Worth the extra labour."