My mom and I make these delicate cookies every Christmas. Hazel nuts give a little different flavor from the usual pecans.
—Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
60 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts, ground
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in
- vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into 2-in. rolls. Form into crescents.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 10 dozen.