My mom and I make these delicate cookies every Christmas. Hazel nuts give a little different flavor from the usual pecans. —Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts, ground
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into 2-in. rolls. Form into crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Crescents in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p116
Reviews for Hazelnut Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review