The key ingredient in this creamy-crunchy pie is my children’s favorite chocolate-hazelnut spread. For the finishing touch, sprinkle on semisweet chips and toasted nuts.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and hazelnuts. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, heat Nutella until melted; stir until smooth. Spread over bottom of crust. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and Nutella until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, milk and liqueur; beat until smooth. In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared crust. Sprinkle hazelnuts and chocolate chips over top. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Cream Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p124
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Hazelnut Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Mud Pies >