“I scaled down these decadent parfaits for a pair,” notes Kathy Specht of Clinton, Montana. “I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.”
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Nutella, divided
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons Nutella. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in chocolate mixture. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into two parfait glasses. Dollop with additional whipped cream if desired. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining hazelnut spread; stir until smooth. Drizzle over parfaits; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Chocolate Parfaits in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p62
Reviews for Hazelnut Chocolate Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review