Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies Recipe
"Chocolate and nuts are enjoyed very much in our household, and these cookies were no exception," says Elisa Lochridge of Beaverton, Oregon. "I also handed them out at our Bible study and everyone enjoyed them."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts (about 3 ounces)
- 24 whole hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in ground hazelnuts.
- 2. Shape dough into twenty-four 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a whole hazelnut onto the center of each.
- 3. Bake cookies 15-19 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust cookies with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC