Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies Recipe
"Chocolate and nuts are enjoyed very much in our household, and these cookies were no exception," says Elisa Lochridge of Beaverton, Oregon. "I also handed them out at our Bible study and everyone enjoyed them."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts (about 3 ounces)
- 24 whole hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in ground hazelnuts.
- 2. Shape dough into twenty-four 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a whole hazelnut onto the center of each.
- 3. Bake cookies 15-19 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust cookies with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2008
"I am from Tigard, OR. somehow it changed online, despite what it says in magazine or reali life. :-} I've directed my friends to some of these adn do not want to miss them because they think it is a different person."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC