"Chocolate and nuts are enjoyed very much in our household, and these cookies were no exception," says Elisa Lochridge of Beaverton, Oregon. "I also handed them out at our Bible study and everyone enjoyed them."
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Nutella
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts (about 3 ounces)
- 24 whole hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in ground hazelnuts.
- Shape dough into twenty-four 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a whole hazelnut onto the center of each.
- Bake cookies 15-19 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust cookies with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p15
Reviews for Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2008
"I am from Tigard, OR. somehow it changed online, despite what it says in magazine or reali life. :-} I've directed my friends to some of these adn do not want to miss them because they think it is a different person."