Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Pizzelle
I've experimented with different varieties of pizzelle recipes, but this is definitely a favorite. My dad likes to help make them so that we don't run out!Aimee McCullen, Youngwood, Pennsylvania
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and butter until smooth.
- Gradually add flour and mix well. Fold in hazelnuts and chocolate
- Bake in a preheated pizzelle iron according to manufacturer’s
- directions until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.