- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed
- until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold
- into batter. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel
- dusted with baking cocoa. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake
- in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar
- until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla. Fold in hazelnuts and
- chocolate. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within
- 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again.
- Place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for
- 1 hour. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 261 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.