Hazelnut Chip Scones Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer or half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional sugar
- SPICED BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and creamer; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 7-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on greased baking sheets.
- Beat egg white; brush over dough. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the spiced butter ingredients; beat until smooth. Serve with warm scones. Yield: 16 scones.
Reviews for Hazelnut Chip Scones(8)
Sort By :
I used this recipe a few years ago and it was my favorite scone. I lost it, so happy to find it here.
Delicious!!! I didn't have hazelnut creamer on hand so I just used the English toffee creamer I had in the fridge - they turned out great! I like the fact that they can be changed up by just changing the flavor of creamer or adding different stir-ins (toffee chips, etc.) I think I will be making these quite a bit!