Hazelnut Cheesecake Parfaits Recipe
—Shelly Platten, Amherst, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- 2 whole chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- Chocolate curls and additional whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a small heavy skillet, cook and stir the hazelnuts over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until blended. Beat in yogurt and vanilla; fold in whipped topping.
- 4. In two parfait glasses, layer the graham crackers, yogurt mixture, chocolate mixture and hazelnuts. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with chocolate curls and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 425 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Hazelnut Cheesecake Parfaits
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2011
"This is absolutely scrumptious"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC