—Shelly Platten, Amherst, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- 2 whole chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- Chocolate curls and additional whipped topping, optional
- In a small heavy skillet, cook and stir the hazelnuts over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until blended. Beat in yogurt and vanilla; fold in whipped topping.
- In two parfait glasses, layer the graham crackers, yogurt mixture, chocolate mixture and hazelnuts. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with chocolate curls and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Cheesecake Parfaits in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p31
Reviews for Hazelnut Cheesecake Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review