Make this the night before serving, as it needs to refrigerate overnight. Chocolate hazelnut spread can be found near the peanut butter in your grocery store.
- 1 package (1-1/2 ounces) ice cream cake cones
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Place ice cream cones in a large resealable bag; crush with a rolling pin. Transfer to a bowl. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the hazelnut spread on high for 30 seconds or until it achieves spreading consistency. Add 1/2 cup spread to the crushed cones. Using a metal spatula, press mixture into a greased 9-in. square pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping just until combined. Spread two-thirds of cream cheese mixture over the crust. Stir the remaining hazelnut spread into the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Cheesecake Dessert in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p311
Reviews for Hazelnut Cheesecake Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 16, 2009
"This dessert was absolutely scrumptious! I used Nutela for the hazelnut spread, and I used sugar cones instead of cake cones. This dessert isn't too sweet, so you don't feel guilty for eating it. I will definitely be making this again."