Hazelnut Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
Make this the night before serving, as it needs to refrigerate overnight. Chocolate hazelnut spread can be found near the peanut butter in your grocery store.
- 1 package (1-1/2 ounces) ice cream cake cones
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Place ice cream cones in a large resealable bag; crush with a rolling pin. Transfer to a bowl. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the hazelnut spread on high for 30 seconds or until it achieves spreading consistency. Add 1/2 cup spread to the crushed cones. Using a metal spatula, press mixture into a greased 9-in. square pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping just until combined. Spread two-thirds of cream cheese mixture over the crust. Stir the remaining hazelnut spread into the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Cheesecake Dessert in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p311
Reviews for Hazelnut Cheesecake Dessert(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 16, 2009
This dessert was absolutely scrumptious! I used Nutela for the hazelnut spread, and I used sugar cones instead of cake cones. This dessert isn't too sweet, so you don't feel guilty for eating it. I will definitely be making this again.