My mother, a wonderful German lady, used to make this cake often, since she knew how much I loved hazelnuts and chocolate together. Now I make it for my family.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour and baking powder. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips; add to creamed mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Bundt Cake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p284
Reviews for Hazelnut Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2015
"This was delicious and is a keeper!"