Hazelnut Brownies Recipe
I created these deep chocolate brownies by combining several recipes. After they cooled, I divided them up and put them in the freezer or we would have eaten the entire pan! They're now a family favorite.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Fold in hazelnuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and cream until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir in butter until melted. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until frosting achieves spreading consistency, stirring several times. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 311 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Hazelnut Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC