Hazelnut Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Fold in hazelnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and cream until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir in butter until melted. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until frosting achieves spreading consistency, stirring several times. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Hazelnut Brownies(2)
Sort By :
Urk! With 2 cups of sugar, the brownies shouldn't need so much icing, not to mention that the majority of the ingredients are also unhealthy! Substitute:
- 1 cup applesauce for the melted butter
- Try using whole wheat white flour for the all purpose
- Use 4 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 12 tablespoons of liquid (i.e; fat free or nonfat milk, lukewarm water, or oil) instead of the eggs. Let the mixture of ground flax seed and liquid sit for 5 or so minutes before using.
- Reduce the sugar in the brownies by at LEAST 1/4 cups!
- Adding a splash of hazelnut extract to the icing and replacing the hazelnuts with 1/3 cups unsweetened flaked coconut (although this adds more saturated fat...)
- Try reducing the amount of icing in general, or just make 3/4 of the recipe:
1-1/2 c. chocolate chips
3/4 c. heavy whipping cream or refrigerated nondairy creamer
1.5 tbs. butter
1/3 c. chopped hazelnuts (or coconut 8D)
1.5 tsp. hazelnut extract (opt.)
These brownies are so good! The frosting definately 'makes' the brownie.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >