- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Fold in hazelnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and cream until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir in butter until melted. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until frosting achieves spreading consistency, stirring several times. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Hazelnut Brownies
Sort By :
"Absolutely wonderful!! Texture is perfect, frosting too. The frosting didn't set like I thought it would after refrigerating, so we kind of just poured it over the brownies, sprinkled it with the hazelnuts, and then let it set for a couple of hours. Looked just like the picture, too!!"
"The only thing worse than CRITICALLY ripping & rewriting a recipe based on "personal puritan-like" food rules (get a life) is "only giving it three stars because I haven't tried it yet." PS... Angry Good, submit your own recipe & leave this one alone. Others: Make NOT, Rate NOT! I made these to give to two non-diabetic friends who love hazelnuts... I sampled to confirm they are as delicious as the recipe reads before giving as gifts! RECIPIENTS said... "give it 5 stars!""
"Hey AngryGood (whatever that means) go elsewhere.....like a site for Really Rude People...This Brownie Recipe is Great"
"AngryGood should write their own recipe for brownies and let people rate them. They should not try and rewrite someone else's recipe. I'm only giving it three stars because I haven't tried it yet."
"Urk! With 2 cups of sugar, the brownies shouldn't need so much icing, not to mention that the majority of the ingredients are also unhealthy! Substitute:- 1 cup applesauce for the melted butter- Try using whole wheat white flour for the all purpose- Use 4 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 12 tablespoons of liquid (i.e; fat free or nonfat milk, lukewarm water, or oil) instead of the eggs. Let the mixture of ground flax seed and liquid sit for 5 or so minutes before using.- Reduce the sugar in the brownies by at LEAST 1/4 cups!- Adding a splash of hazelnut extract to the icing and replacing the hazelnuts with 1/3 cups unsweetened flaked coconut (although this adds more saturated fat...)- Try reducing the amount of icing in general, or just make 3/4 of the recipe:1-1/2 c. chocolate chips3/4 c. heavy whipping cream or refrigerated nondairy creamer1.5 tbs. butter1/3 c. chopped hazelnuts (or coconut 8D)1.5 tsp. hazelnut extract (opt.)"