- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Fold in hazelnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and cream until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir in butter until melted. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until frosting achieves spreading consistency, stirring several times. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Hazelnut Brownies
Sort By :
"This was incredible! I cannot imagine using a boxed brownie mix ever again after trying this recipe. I live at an altitude of 7800 feet and have found that baking brownies at 300 degrees helps to prevent them from sinking in the middle. I also add an extra 1/4 cup of flour. Turned out perfect!"
"It's so terribly sinful yet addictive....yum!!! Best brownie recipe so far!"
"Very rich. A big hit with my husband and his co-workers."
"Absolutely wonderful!! Texture is perfect, frosting too. The frosting didn't set like I thought it would after refrigerating, so we kind of just poured it over the brownies, sprinkled it with the hazelnuts, and then let it set for a couple of hours. Looked just like the picture, too!!"
"The only thing worse than CRITICALLY ripping & rewriting a recipe based on "personal puritan-like" food rules (get a life) is "only giving it three stars because I haven't tried it yet." PS... Angry Good, submit your own recipe & leave this one alone. Others: Make NOT, Rate NOT! I made these to give to two non-diabetic friends who love hazelnuts... I sampled to confirm they are as delicious as the recipe reads before giving as gifts! RECIPIENTS said... "give it 5 stars!""