- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole hazelnuts, toasted and chopped, divided
- 3 quarts chocolate ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in 1 cup hazelnuts.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, line a 4-qt. bowl with a 9-in.-diameter top with plastic wrap. Quickly spread ice cream into bowl. Freeze, covered, until firm.
- Loosen sides of brownie with a knife; remove rim from pan. Transfer brownie to a serving plate and remove paper. Spread top with Nutella. Invert ice cream mold onto brownie; remove bowl and plastic wrap. Immediately press remaining hazelnuts onto ice cream. Freeze, covered, at least 1 hour before serving. Cut into wedges. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Brownie Bombe in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Hazelnut Brownie Bombe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review