Pour a cup of coffee and indulge! Crisp, crunchy biscotti cookies are perfect for dunking. Hazelnuts and almonds make my favorite version even better. —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, AZ
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and extracts; stir into dry ingredients. Stir in nuts (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. Using lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 9x2-in. rectangle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on pan on a wire rack. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Almond Biscotti in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p183
Reviews for Hazelnut Almond Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review