Hay and Straw
This recipe is not only quick and easy to prepare, it's pretty, too. This colorful pasta dish combines julienned ham, Parmesan cheese, peas and linguine.—Priscilla Weaver, Hagerstown, Maryland
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute ham in butter for 3 minutes. Add peas; heat through.
- Drain linguine; toss with the ham mixture, Parmesan cheese and
- cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 410 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 783 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.