Hawaiian Wedding Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, buttermilk, egg whites and egg beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk add pudding mix until well blended. Spread over the cake. Top with pineapple and whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 18 servings.
One serving (1 piece) equals 221 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.