"I got this wonderful recipe from a cousin whose husband was Hawaiian," notes JoAnn Desmond from Madison Heights, Virginia. "I've changed it some to reduce the fat and calories, but it still tastes as rich as the original. It's very simple to make...and guests will love it. Enjoy!"
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, buttermilk, egg whites and egg beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk add pudding mix until well blended. Spread over the cake. Top with pineapple and whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Wedding Cake in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p33
Reviews for Hawaiian Wedding Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review