Hawaiian Wedding Cake Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied pineapple
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts and pineapple. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
3 each: 323 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Hawaiian Wedding Cake Cookies
"LOVE IT !!!"
"I have been making these for 50 years only with chopped walnuts, nice to have the different taste with the candied pineapple."
"This cookie is wonderful! It differs from a Russian Tea Cake with it's sweeter dough. Also, the crunch of the macadamia nuts is perfect, not soft like a walnut or pecan! For those concerned about the pineapple, fear not, beacuse it's masked well. I LOVED this cookie!"