- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied pineapple
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts and pineapple. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Hawaiian Wedding Cake Cookies
Sort By :
LOVE IT !!!
I have been making these for 50 years only with chopped walnuts, nice to have the different taste with the candied pineapple.
This cookie is wonderful! It differs from a Russian Tea Cake with it's sweeter dough. Also, the crunch of the macadamia nuts is perfect, not soft like a walnut or pecan! For those concerned about the pineapple, fear not, beacuse it's masked well. I LOVED this cookie!