Macadamia nuts and pineapple help give these sweet treats their tropical name.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied pineapple
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts and pineapple. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Hawaiian Wedding Cake Cookies in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p268
Reviews for Hawaiian Wedding Cake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2012
"LOVE IT !!!"
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2011
"I have been making these for 50 years only with chopped walnuts, nice to have the different taste with the candied pineapple."