Macadamia nuts and pineapple help give these sweet treats their tropical name.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied pineapple
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts and pineapple. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Hawaiian Wedding Cake Cookies in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p268
Reviews for Hawaiian Wedding Cake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review