Hawaiian Turtle Cups
“Because my mother-in-law loves macadamia nuts and my daughter prefers white chocolate to milk chocolate, I came up with this fun twist on classic turtle candy. Now a family favorite, it goes together in minutes for great gifts, too!” Larisa Sarver - LaSalle, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 18 caramels
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 12 dried pineapple pieces, chopped
- In a microwave, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Pour by
- teaspoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups; set aside remaining
- melted chips. Sprinkle the center of each muffin cup with nuts.
- In a microwave, melt caramels and cream; stir until smooth. Pour over
- nuts. Reheat reserved chips if necessary; pour over caramel mixture.
- Top each with pineapple.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until set. Carefully run a knife around the
- edge of each muffin cup to loosen candy. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 223 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.