“Because my mother-in-law loves macadamia nuts and my daughter prefers white chocolate to milk chocolate, I came up with this fun twist on classic turtle candy. Now a family favorite, it goes together in minutes for great gifts, too!” Larisa Sarver - LaSalle, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 18 caramels
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 12 dried pineapple pieces, chopped
- In a microwave, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Pour by teaspoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups; set aside remaining melted chips. Sprinkle the center of each muffin cup with nuts.
- In a microwave, melt caramels and cream; stir until smooth. Pour over nuts. Reheat reserved chips if necessary; pour over caramel mixture. Top each with pineapple.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until set. Carefully run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup to loosen candy. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Hawaiian Turtle Cups in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p37
Reviews for Hawaiian Turtle Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review