Hawaiian Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 sesame hamburger buns
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onions, red pepper, soy sauce, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with teriyaki sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Grill pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with teriyaki sauce. Warm buns on grill; top each with a burger and pineapple slice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 391 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1041mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
"We were without a grill for quite a long time, so when we finally got a grill this was the first meal we made! It didn't disappoint. I added a little mayonnaise to the burger mix for moistness. The family loved these!"
"really yummy. my son, 2 daughters, and my husband all loved it. I made it without the pineapple but it still tasted good."
"These burgers were great! They were moist and had great flavor!"
"Really yummy! Made them inside because it was winter time - still good!"
"This was a wonderful and easy recipe! We plan on making it again soon!!"
"These are really good, especially with the grilled pineapple and a little mayonnaise."
"I'm always looking for new turkey burger recipes and I'll be making this one again. Loved the grilled pineapple, but since I didn't have teriyaki sauce I didn't put that on the burgers and used soy sauce on the pineapple instead."
"whole family loved this burger, a great way to go for a burger without the same old beef burger. love love loved it."