To add a refreshing spark to any meal, try this tempting salad with tropical flair. A few simple ingredients are easily combined to make a memorable salad. We always empty the bowl. Lisa Andis, Morristown, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 6 to 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a large bowl,
- combine the greens, pineapple and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the
- mayonnaise, sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over salad;
- toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 237 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.