Hawaiian Roll-Ups Recipe
These roll-ups were served at my baby shower luncheon many years ago. Pineapple, ham and bacon give them a tasty tropical twist. - Ethel Lenters, Sioux Center, Iowa.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:14 servings
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 14 thin slices deli ham
- 14 bacon strips, halved widthwise
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Spread beef mixture over ham slice. Roll up, starting with a short side. Cut in half widthwise; wrap a bacon slice around each. Secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour pineapple over roll-ups. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 28 roll-ups.
1 serving (2 each) equals 283 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 583 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC