My husband doesn't usually request pork for dinner, but these ribs are the exception. He enjoys the slightly sweet sauce.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place onion in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Rub ribs with garlic and
- sprinkle with salt and pepper; place over onion. Pour 1/4 cup water
- around ribs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile,
- combine pineapple, chili sauce, brown sugar, ginger, mustard and
- remaining water. Drain fat from pan; pour pineapple mixture over
- ribs. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 442 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 938 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.