Hawaiian Ribs Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Place onion in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Rub ribs with garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper; place over onion. Pour 1/4 cup water around ribs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine pineapple, chili sauce, brown sugar, ginger, mustard and remaining water. Drain fat from pan; pour pineapple mixture over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 442 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 938mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Hawaiian Ribs
"I was surprised at the depth of flavor this recipe had. The meat just fell off the bone. I served it with rice to mop up the delicious sauce."
"very good , i made my chili sauce"
"This was suprizingly good. Will make again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.