- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place onion in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Rub ribs with garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper; place over onion. Pour 1/4 cup water around ribs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine pineapple, chili sauce, brown sugar, ginger, mustard and remaining water. Drain fat from pan; pour pineapple mixture over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hawaiian Ribs
Sort By :
I was surprised at the depth of flavor this recipe had. The meat just fell off the bone. I served it with rice to mop up the delicious sauce.
very good , i made my chili sauce
This was suprizingly good. Will make again.