Hawaiian Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar and salt; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheese, ham and pineapple. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-fat cheese and ham and unsweetened pineapple) equals 2 starch, 1 meat; also, 241 calories, 675 mg sodium, 21 mg cholesterol, 31 g carbohydrate, 14 g protein, 6 g fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.