Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece, at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, bouillon and ginger. Drain pineapple into a 2-cup measuring cup; set pineapple aside. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce. Gradually whisk into sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Pour sauce over chicken; top with green pepper and reserved pineapple. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 463 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.