Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece, at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, bouillon and ginger. Drain pineapple into a 2-cup measuring cup; set pineapple aside. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce. Gradually whisk into sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken; top with green pepper and reserved pineapple. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken(21)
Sort By :
I made this for dinner last week , it was pretty good but if I ever make it again I will cut the amount of sugar in half.
I used half the amount of sugar. Also I added shredded coconut into the flour mixture. I thought it was great!!!
Reduce the many of sugar
This dish is AMAZING!! If I could rate this a 10 star meal I would. Well done on this one ;)
Awesome dish especially if you like a sweet asian flavor! Leftovers on rice were out of this world! i will definitely make this again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >