Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 2 cups. In a small saucepan, mix brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and juice mixture until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine meatballs, peppers, drained pineapple and sauce. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meatballs are heated through and peppers are tender.
- Stir in cherries; cook, covered, on low 15-30 minutes longer or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hawaiian Meatballs
Sort By :
"This was super easy to make and really tasty! Check out my full review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/11/hawaiian-meatballs.html"
"I have made this several times and the whole family loves it :)"
"This recipe was so good! Everyone loved it! It's almost identical to my mother-in-law's recipe that she's been making for decades. I only made a couple of adjustments... I added 1/4 c. soy sauce (in place of some of the water) and changed the brown sugar amount to 3/4 c. Also, I reduced the vinegar to 1/3 c. Everything else stayed the same. I'll definitely be making this again! Very good!"
"Amazing, I fed it to 40 children (making 3 batches)and all but 3 gobbled it up. The teachers asked for the recipie and were amazed at how easy it was to make"