- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup rum
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- In a large bowl, stir the butter, brown sugar, eggs, rum and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips, white chips, coconut and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt shortening with remaining chocolate chips; drizzle over bars. Melt white baking chocolate; drizzle over bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Hawaiian Joy Bars
Sort By :
"If you are hesitant to try this recipe because no one has rated it, don't be! I prepared this for a Tea Luncheon of 50 people and was asked for the recipe by HUSBANDS afterwards. It is simple to make, delicate but delicious in flavor and you can always cut back (or omit) the coconut if you are not a fan. I'd give it a 10 stars if I could!"