Hawaiian Honey Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with soy sauce. Continue grilling for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times.
- 3. During the last 4 minutes, grill the pineapple slices until browned, turning once. Serve burgers and pineapple on buns with lettuce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 452 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Hawaiian Honey Burgers
"Been making these for years, decided to rate them so others would know how amazing they are. I cook them on the George Forman grill, and they turn out great. Definitely not your average burger, these are full of flavor!"
"My family devoured these!"
"Phenomenal!!! By far one of the best burger I have had in a very long time!!!"
"Our family love these burgers."
"So glad I found these! My recipe box is in another country and I missed this one! These a so different but just as hearty as any burger. can't wait to make 'em again!"
"I am definitelt going to try these! Will let you know the results."
"I eliminated the paprika and the curry powder, and replaced the soy sauce with teriyaki sauce to fit my family's tastes. This was awesome. My family loved this recipe, we will definitely be making this again."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.