- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple or unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped macadamia nuts, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oils over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, onion, pepper and gingerroot; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add water. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in next five ingredients; cook and stir over medium-high heat until heated through, about 2 minutes. Top servings with cilantro and, if desired, chopped macadamia nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Hash in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p58
Reviews for Hawaiian Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review