Hawaiian Ham Skillet Recipe
Pineapple tidbits give island appeal to this sweet-and-sour ham dish from Ona Nelson of Muskegon, Michigan.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 pound boneless fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a skillet, stir-fry ham until golden. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water, vinegar, mustard and pineapple juice until blended. Add to the ham; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add green pepper and pineapple; simmer for 5-8 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 151 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 832mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Hawaiian Ham Skillet
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2013
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC