Hawaiian Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 submarine or hoagie buns (8 inches)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 6 to 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound sliced fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut thin slices off tops of rolls. Hollow out bread in the center, leaving 1/4-in. shells; set aside tops and discard hollowed-out bread (or save for another use). Place rolls on a baking sheet; line the inside of each with Swiss cheese.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in oil for 3 minutes. Add ham; cook for 3 minutes. Add pineapple. Remove from the heat; drain.
- 3. Spoon into rolls. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to the oven until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Replace roll tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 559 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Hawaiian Ham Sandwiches
"I make this all the time, and we love it. The only difference is that I make it as a stromboli loaf to cut the carbs."
"I'm only rating this because the picture doesn't look anything like you would expect if you follow the directions. It sounds good and I will try it and then review as such!"