Hawaiian Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 submarine or hoagie buns (8 inches)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 6 to 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound sliced fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut thin slices off tops of rolls. Hollow out bread in the center, leaving 1/4-in. shells; set aside tops and discard hollowed-out bread (or save for another use). Place rolls on a baking sheet; line the inside of each with Swiss cheese.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in oil for 3 minutes. Add ham; cook for 3 minutes. Add pineapple. Remove from the heat; drain.
- 3. Spoon into rolls. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to the oven until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Replace roll tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 559 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Hawaiian Ham Sandwiches
"I make this all the time, and we love it. The only difference is that I make it as a stromboli loaf to cut the carbs."
"I'm only rating this because the picture doesn't look anything like you would expect if you follow the directions. It sounds good and I will try it and then review as such!"