Hawaiian Ham Salad Pockets Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 4 pita pocket halves
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ham, pineapple and carrot. Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard until blended. Line each pita half with a lettuce leaf; fill with ham salad. Yield: 4 servings.
1 filled pita half equals 194 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 945 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.