- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, rice, ham, water chestnuts and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over ham mixture and toss to coat. Stir in apple.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates; sprinkle with macadamia nuts and coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hawaiian Ham Salad
Sort By :
"I have not made this yet, but I think I would use pasta instead of rice and add celery for the water chestnuts or maybe both."
"Was not to impressed with this recipe. Macadamia nuts are very expensive so I used peanuts. It just seemed like this recipe was missing something."
"I tried this and it was excellent. Very tasty. I was able to substitute mayonnaise for the yogurt."