Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 grilled boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1. Place the chicken in a microwave-safe dish. Combine the salad dressing, lemon-pepper and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, garlic tarragon and rosemary; shake well. On four plates, arrange the romaine, tomatoes, cucumber and onions. Top with chicken and drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 510 calories, 29 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.