Hawaiian Fruit Salad
A simple dressing made with flavored yogurt coats this refreshing combination of fresh and canned fruit. It looks spectacular when presented in a pineapple boat and sprinkled with toasted coconut.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 whole fresh pineapple
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1-1/4 cups pina colada-flavored or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coconut or McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Stand the pineapple upright and vertically cut a third from one side,
- leaving the leaves attached. Set cut piece aside. Using a paring or
- grapefruit knife, remove strips of pineapple from large section,
- leaving a 1/2-in. shell; discard core. Cut strips into bite-size
- chunks. Invert shell onto paper towels to drain.
- Remove fruit from the small pineapple piece and cut into chunks;
- discard peel. Place shell in a serving basket or bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the pineapple chunks, oranges, strawberries
- and grapes. Combine the yogurt, 1/4 cup coconut and extract; spoon
- over fruit and stir gently. Spoon into pineapple shell. Sprinkle
- with remaining coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 203 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium,