Hawaiian Egg Rolls Recipe
An avid cook, I am constantly trying to come up with recipes for leftovers. This one gives a whole new twist to extra ham. My two children think these egg rolls are great, and they freeze well. I thaw as many as needed and bake them.
- 10 fresh spinach leaves, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, coarsely ground (about 2 cups)
- 4 water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 7 egg roll wrappers
- Canola oil for frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute spinach and ginger in olive oil for 1-2 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the ham, water chestnuts, pineapple, onions and soy sauce. Stir in the spinach mixture.
- 2. Place 3 tablespoons of ham mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides over filling toward center. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- 3. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of canola oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-sour sauce. Yield: 7 egg rolls.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC