Hawaiian Dessert Recipe
A chilled fluffy dessert like this one is a satisfying way to finish off a big meal. I got the recipe from a woman I happened to meet in a department store one day. Leftovers taste just as good the next day, and this dessert also can be frozen. — Eunice Stoen, Decorah, Iowa
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Mix cake batter according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the cakes test done. Cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mixes, milk and coconut extract; beat for 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and beat well. Stir in pineapple.
- 3. Spread over the cooled cakes. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with coconut. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 24 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC